Photographer DEE LIPPINGWELL and Poster Artist BOB MASSE
STEFFICH FINE ART PRESENTS…
“When Art Rocked”
On Saturday July 4th, Steffich Fine Art will celebrate the psychedelic poster art from the legendary Fillmore West, Avalon Ballroom and Winterland in San Francisco. The collection of original posters and tickets on display covers the period from 1966 to 1971 when the convergence of music, art and the counterculture changed the face of poster art forever. Around 20 different artists created over 500 posters for iconic 1960’s rock bands.
Salt Spring’s own Randy Bachman and Bill Henderson both played the Fillmore West as the Guess Who and The Collectors respectively. The gallery has hired a band for the event, consisting of Brent Shindell and Matt Steffich on guitars, Dave Roland on bass and Lorne Burns on drums. In attendance will be fabled Salt Spring artist Bob Masse, whose own storied poster art career began in the Vancouver scene in 1966 and continues to this day. Owner Matt Steffich says of the event “its meant to be a celebration of art and music, and we are hoping anyone who grew up during this time, or was influenced by the music, will come by and enjoy the art, the music and friends. This was an amazing period of time when art truly did rock”.
Saturday, July 4th. Doors at 7:00 p.m. with live music starting at 8:00 p.m at Steffich Fine Art ,
Grace Point Square. For more info call 1-877-537-8448
Click here to see our YouTube video interview highlighting some of our Fillmore West, Winterland, and Avalon Ballroom posters.
Welcome to Rock and Roll Art!
- Rock and Roll Art is pleased to anounce the addition of vintage psychedelic posters from the legndary Fillmore West, Avalon Ballroom and Winterland
- Rock and Roll photographer Dee Lippingwell and rock and roll poster artist Bob Masse have had careers that span over four decades. Both have set a benchmark in the quality of their work and their longevity in a business that is unforgiving. This website is a celebration of their extensive body of work chronicling the music that so inspired them and their generation.
- >The . black and white photographs are presented in two sizes and can be purchased either framed or unframed. Each is an edition of 25, hand signed by Dee Lippingwell with a certificate of authenticity.
- Each poster varies in size and can be ordered framed or unframed. Each poster is hand signed by Bob Masse.
- Both the photographs and posters can be ordered in any size up to life size, perfect for your restaurant or bar. Simply call or email with your requests. .
- Be sure to “Like” our Rock and Roll Facebook page for a chance to win a Signed Bob Masse Poster, and to keep updated with brand new works, and future Contests! The winner will be announced on Saturday, October 5th on our Steffich Fine Art, and Rock and Roll Facebook pages.
- Click here to see our YouTube video interview highlighting some of our Fillmore West, Winterland, and Avalon Ballroom posters.
At Rock and Roll Art, the shipping is always Free
Dee Lippingwell is a self-taught photographer with forty years worth of experience shooting Rock ‘n’ Roll stars live in concert! From AC/DC to ZZ Top and everyone in between, Dee has felt the action from ‘the pit’ and has captured some of the finest moments in Rock ‘n’ Roll!
|Bob Masse is from Canada’s west coast and has been producing concert posters since the 1960s. While attending art school in Vancouver, British Columbia, he began his career doing posters for the folk acts that came through town, in exchange for free drinks, tickets, and the opportunity to meet the musicians.|